Plants are beautiful. Having them in your home definitely ups the aesthetic but there are so many more reasons to keep plants around. Maybe you've noticed when you walk into Rouvalis, we all seem obnoxiously happy and beautiful (hah)... well, it's probably because of the plants!
Why we LOVE plants:
- Plants purify the air. They breath in the carbon dioxide we breath out and in the process naturally filter out toxins in the air.
- They expel water through their leaves into the air. This boosts humidity levels. Yeah we're loving summer right now but remember how dry it gets inside when we have to turn on the heat to fight the brutal Boston cold? Like natural little humidifiers.
- Studies have shown plants can help boost productivity and concentration by around 15%. Good for the home, sure, but maybe you should have a little guy on your desk at work too...
- Plants make you nicer. It has been proven that people who care for other living things (plants included) are more likely to show empathy and compassion to those around them. Nature vs. nurture? NO! Nature = Nurture!
- Noise reduction. Tiny apartment buzzing with sounds of city traffic? You guessed it, the answer again is plants. Plants are often used to reduce the noise of busy roads. The leaves help reflect and diffuse background noise.
- Plants reduce your stress and boost your mood. A room full of plants can have a very calming effect. It has also been shown keeping green plants around combats loneliness and depression.